Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Can't Watch the Super Bowl this Year

I love football. There are few things better than sitting Sunday afternoons on the couch and watching football for nine straight hours. It is the ultimate lazy thing to do. But this year, I can’t watch the Super Bowl. Yes, it’s true that I’m still very bitter that my Packers couldn’t even beat a team led by Eli “I can’t believe I’m related to Peyton” Manning at home. My reasoning goes deeper than that, however. I simply couldn’t care less about two east coast teams slugging it out.

Rooting for the Patriots is the equivalent of rooting for the government. Why would anyone want to unless they were a part of it? There are striking similarities between the Patriots and the government as well. Earlier this year the Patriots were caught filming the coaches on the other team. Now, just shortly before kickoff of the game there are suspicions that the Pats filmed at least one practice of the Rams right before their Super Bowl game six years ago. I can’t support any sort of Patriot spying.

Of course I can’t root for New York either. Just hearing New York reminds me of Hillary Clinton, and the last thing I want to do is picture her for four hours.

Go ahead and watch the Super Bowl, just don’t tell me what happened. I don’t care.

No comments: